Friday, October 1, 2010

Moisturizing cream, or Daily face renewal?

Today I went to the store to buy face moisturizer. I haven't bought any for awhile, so I wasn't expecting the enormity of such a decision. Face moisturizer is apparently a rare thing. Instead, there is moisturizing serum, daily serum, night serum, face cream, Daily renewal cream, beauty lotion blah blah blah. Who came up with all these names for the same thing? But that is not all. If you decide on a type, then you have to decide do you want it for sensitive skin, dry skin, normal, or oily. And then, which brand of the 30 brands do you want? Do you want it with sunscreen? Do you want anti-wrinkle and aging? Do you want the name brand or equate? Is equate good enough? Do you want it soy based, or oil free? Do you want vitamin E? Etc. for forever. I went with the one that seemed closest to the normal name so I could be more sure of what I am getting. I realized that my shopping experiences would be so much easier and faster if there weren't so many choices. This is with EVERYTHING. For instance, try to buy bread. There are so many brands you don't know where to start. Try to buy string cheese. Do you want organic, low fat, skim milk, colby jack, mozzarella, large package, medium package, single, squares, shapes, or the usual form? I just want string cheese dang it! Even super glue. I thought that would be an easy one. Nope.
My new method of coping with the overwhelment: I will chant "I am capable of making choices, I am capable of making choices" as I march down the aisle. So if you hear me, no I am not crazy.

4 comments:

NomadPhysicist said...

Shopping at Costco is much simpler. You can choose from a selection of 1 or maybe 2 items per category.

Syl said...

I'm with you Becky! I get really frustrated too. If in doubt, I go with the cheapest!

Terry Neff Allen said...

Hahahaha! You ARE capable of making choices! Love you!

Wohlwends said...

I agree Costco has alot of stuff but only in like 1 or 2 brands and forms