Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No one told me...

No one told me that:
-It isn't just the first several months of a baby's life that you don't get good sleep. There is teething, sickness, etc. to keep you up until they move out.
-It doesn't get easier to raise kids as they get older, it gets harder
-It is stressful just trying to get your baby to learn to eat other foods
-You have to break your heart over and over in order to teach your kids what they need to learn
-You don't have any idea what you are doing with a kid, and have to pray constantly that they can survive your bad attempts to teach them
-The only "love" you may receive back for awhile is a bite on the shoulder.

But they did tell me that it would be worth it,

and they were right.


4 comments:

Syl said...

You are so right Becky! Just plan on being tired all the time, but just like you said, it is very worth it!

Leslie said...

Oh Becky, this is so well put! I am still learning this stuff on the 4th kid...I guess you just forget with every one and that's why we do it again and again and again...I'm glad you are documenting these thoughts.
You are such a great mommy!

Lonna said...

Amen. Sometimes a little bite on the shoulder from the baby is a good reminder that they do care enough to at least acknowledge you.

You know when she gets more teeth it the bites won't be quite so bad, its the first few teeth that they get that are killers.

Terry Neff Allen said...

Aunt Wendy has said that we should get at least one practice child before we have our own...
My children are all perfect and they only obeyed me and gave me love and affection-ha.
Really, I have been fortunate. I never had a child tell me that they hate me-yet...Though they have ALL rolled their eyes at me and continue to do so occasionally. They are some of the finest people I know and my very best friends as adults. But the teenagers still think that I am their parent.
You aren't done until you are dead. But we have to know the sorrow to know the joy!
Sure love you! You are a terrific mother!