Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cheesy Facts

I finished reading all my books, and have nothing to do. Ryan suggested I do a blog entry and when I told him I didn't have anything to blog about, he suggested I blog on cheese. I took the challenge, and by the end of this post....You will wish I hadn't. Enough said.

Below is a picture of Wisconsin something or other. Something about sports. Either way, interesting use of cheese.
Ah, Cheddar Cheese. The cheese we all eat. Did you know: "The origin of cheddar comes from 'cheddaring', a cheese making method that originated in the village of Cheddar in Somerset, England during the 12th Century..." Source: www.kidairy.com.au/styles.aspx?category=4
How about that?Some interesting cheeses I didn't know about: Caravane(shown below) is a cheese made from Camel's milk and is low in Lactose. Airag is from Horse milk and originates in Turkey.

Well, that's it I guess. Time for bed.

5 comments:

Syl said...

I love cheese and I found your blog interesting. But I don't know if I want to taste camel or horse cheese!

Anonymous said...

Well who knew? I love cheese but only about 4 kinds. I refuse to eat stinky cheese so that knocks off about 50 kinds from my list. Oh well I'll continue to get fat on my boring, non-head gear cheese.

Jen

Lonna said...

Oh I was hoping that you would feature some more kinds. I am impressed with the ones that you did mention. I didn't know that I would be so into odd kinds of cheese, but I guess I am.

I personally enjoyed this trivia post, and I think that you deserve a prize for taking on Ryan's challenge.

Megan said...

Cheese! I love Cheese!

Leslie said...

I am surprised Cache Valley cheese didn't make it to the list! :)