Sunday, July 20, 2008

Improvement

Do you ever feel like you are making no progress in life? Even though you feel like you try and try and try to change those not so attractive qualities? I feel like that alot, but today proved otherwise. I was reading my journal, and I realized something. My entries were on positive things! It used to be EACH entry would start out "I am mad today..." or "Today was horrible..." NO JOKE. I was such an onery brat! (No comments on that allowed from Chris or Mom) and it continued for a LONG time. But now, I am finally on the verge of breaking free from that old me! Yay! I am not even sure how things finally changed. I think it was from several things. 1- Ryan. What can I say, he is my positive anchor and brings out the best side of me. I don't know how he does it but the inner beast in me is tamed. 2- experience. I love how as you continue through life you understand things better and it changes your whole outlook and attitude about that thing. 3- My scripture study and other religious activities are done with an attitude of learning instead of duty. I actually look forward to scripture study time! I never thought that would happen! 4- appreciation. See, I have this great Mom who I was horrible to for a long while, for no reason, but as I get older and realize all she does for me, I have been able to loose the brat, and gain a friend. 5- and of course, I am surrounded by good people and good examples.
Whew, I feel like I just had a heavy confession or something. Anyhow, the point is, I am happy, more positive, and my journal entries are filled with blessings instead of curses. Signing out.

5 comments:

Christopher J Barlow said...

It is really cool when you can look at your life and see the improvement. Congrats on seeing the good side of life.
Christopher J Barlow

Anonymous said...

"zuko"

-atticus v. barlow

Brent said...

Zuko in Avatar the Last Airbender
(Season 3 Episode 12)

Actually I believe it was Zuko's uncle that said it.

Syl said...

I am so glad you can see an improvement in your life story. But I am most happy to hear that you are so much happier! Mother's are always happy to hear that!

Terry Neff Allen said...

Wow Becky! I'd have never have known that negativity was ever a problem for you! I'm so glad that Ryan could be a good influence for you(and a little surprised). I think you must both bring out the best in each other, because he, too, is a much happier and positive person married to you. Hugs!