Friday, June 20, 2008

Hotels: Bad idea, good idea

Ryan and I and others in his family went on a trip to California. We stopped in Vegas for the night on the way down and the way back up. It was an interesting experience. We ended up at the stratosphere. We thought before it might be cool but I would not recommend it to anyone! Ryan and I found hair in our bed(several kinds so not just one person). In the morning we left and as we went around the corner we ran into a drunk guy passed out on the floor with his beer bottle at his feet! We had to do some maneuvering to get around him! This picture is the back of him, after we had safely gotten past! The way home wasn't much better. We were on the freeway in Vegas and passed an accident that the paramedics got to at the same time we did. We
saw a body on the middle of the road. I looked away but Ryan and his mom are both sure he was dead. It was disturbing. Our hotel room was gross again. This time
the sink kept backing up, bringing black floaties with it.
Lest you think I am a complainer I will tell you now, the rest of the trip was fantastic! Our hotel in California was amazing! It didn't have the tacky bed covers, but insead, nice white ones with down comforters. The beds were fancy in their design and the whole room was decorated with taste. Here Ryan is enjoying a little "relaxing" time as he watches political shows.

4 comments:

Syl said...

Thanks for the blog update! I thought you had died! Your California motel looks really nice. What a pity Las Vegas motels are so trashy. Better luck next time. Did Ryan's family enjoy the Mandalay Bay aquarium? I still remember it with fondness.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about Vegas Hotels, I'm glad I'm not alone in my distaste for Vegas Hotels. I love Ryan's look of What are you doing now??

jen

Laurisa said...

That is so sick. Thanks so much for the heads up. I get grossed out finding my own hair, let alone a strangers.

Lonna said...

Just hearing about the multiple peoples hair, basically made me want to dry heave. Yuck.

But who gets to have a perfect trip? Car troubles, bad hotels, drunk guys, food poisoning, you name it at least one thing has to give. That is what makes the best stories.

Glad that you were able to look past the ickies, and have a good time.