Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dreamin' Big

Wow. I knew it had been a long time since I had updated, but I hadn't realized it was way back on the 9th! Sorry!
Something that has been on my mind a lot lately is work. I want a job where I love it. Where I do cool things and learn and experience things. I don't want to be one of those people who get stuck doing mediocre jobs because they didn't want to try for better. I probably wont really have to worry about that since I plan on staying home with my kids(which I am really excited about!). However, I have realized that even in my short working life, I always take whatever job is handed to me, settle for less, because subconsciously I don't believe I can do better. I don't know if that realization will really change anything now, because I don't plan on working for longer than another year, but I am leaving the possibility open. I have thought about what I would want to do if I were to do things over and be confident. I love to do everything, but surprisingly I found I would go back to my original original plan, which was to be a veterinarian!
I am curious about what you guys would want to do. Please post a comment and let me know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would want to do, that was a question I was facing myself just before I got married and stayed home! But I have to say you don't have to settle! Even if your stuck in a shoddy job you can do all those things where you are. Bloom where your planted or at last where your pot is temporarily standing :)

JEn

Syl said...

I have always, always thought you would be a wonderful vet! I still remember your pet ants! I wish I had implanted more confidence in you because I have always known you could really and truly do anything at all you want to do! Go for it Becky!

Mindy said...

Hmm... if I could do anything, not considering money or being a mom, I would (this is really difficult) probably choose to be a psychologist. Though I really would like to be a history teacher. Or maybe a financial planner... I guess there is a reason why I couldn't decide in the first place.

Lonna said...

James often asks me if there is something that I would like to do or start into while the kids are little, but I am always stumped. But I read your post and I think that if I had to do things again I would go into some kind of a field of fashion, ( I have a hard time finding things that I love for myself or the kids) or I have always thought that it would be fun be a chef.

Hmmmmmm I guess that the possibilities are really endless if I had all the confidence in the world.

ryan said...

My name is Becky. I will stop working when I have kids. I currently work, but don't plan to much longer...

Hmm...I wonder if you are trying to tell us something? Sounds like something is cookin' in the Allen household.

Lookin' forward to a Mario cart rematch.

Ryan (your brother)

Christopher J Barlow said...

How do you plan on being a vet, you do know that you will have to keep an iquana alive.
Any way I am doing exactly what I want to do (Once school is over that is).
Christopher J Barlow