Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ryan's version

So I am in the other room folding laundry and I hear Ryan typing on the computer. I thought he was doing homework but I came in and found this continuation of my story:

Corn threw her book in a tantrum, scaring the maid out of the room. She hated when anyone interfered with her daily reading. She was curious however to see why exactly her parents were sending for her, so she slowly made her way down the hall, and down the stairs to the throne room. As she reached the throne room, she noticed something very strange. There were monkeys jumping on the throne, swinging from the chandeliers and eating pickles while conversing with each other. This disturbed Corn greatly, and she ran screaming from the grand hall. As she rounded the corner to her room, she ran into the biggest monkey she had ever seen. He was as tall as a gorilla, and nearly as big across the chest. He was carrying a large bunch of bananas, and eating them slowly as he sat on the floor. Corn slowly picked herself up off of the floor, trying to back away without disturbing the giant monkey. The monkey looked at her and said “Hi, my name is Leo. What is your name?”

Stunned that the creature could talk, Corn stuttered “Ccccorn. My name is Corn.”

“Corn? What an unusual name,” said the massive primate. “It sounds like something to eat… hmm. Are you edible? How do you taste? I must know. Speak quickly before I decide to learn for myself.”

“No! No, I am not edible. If you did eat me, I’m sure I would taste awful. Don’t eat me… Servant! Servant, come quickly! The giant monkey is going to eat me. Come right now or I’ll scream and shout and have you whipped!” Corn was terrified, and she didn’t know what else to do. Demanding that her servant come and save her was the only thing she could think of.

Leo looked at her. This curious expression crept across his face. He couldn’t help but wonder if this was the silly little princess his masters had sent him to kidnap. The dread welled up in his chest. This little girl had terrible manners, and he was not at all looking forward to the long trip back with her tied up and strapped to his back.

There you have it. Ryan's version of my story! It was too good not to post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your version of the Chronicles of Corn, Ryan. I think you should both keep on adding to the story!
love,
Syl

Lonna said...

I must say that this little version was quite a treat, not what I was expecting at all, but then again I don't really know what I was expecting. I do like the approaches you have both taken to the story. How fun I am looking forward to reading more.

Now Becky did I read that correctly that you were folding the laundry? I guess that since I happen to find myself doing that so often it seemed funny that you would be doing it, I guess that I expected you to be doing all the things that we can no longer do all the time with kids, like going to the movies or hanging out with friends, eating out at a sit down dinner without toys or crayons on the table, watching your favorite shows uninterrupted. Ahhh I can barely remember some of those things. Feel free to tell me about any of those experiences to refresh my memory.

Anonymous said...

Of coarse there are monkeys and pickles in his version. At least he didn't speak of brown pooped bananas.