Monday, January 28, 2008

Book addictions

Now, some of you may scoff at this, but I have discovered that books can be a REAL addiction. I realized this last week as I analyzed my feelings closely in consequence of a lasting bad attitude. I only got to read my book at lunch for a few minutes and that wasn't enough. The lack of reading made me touchy and anxious, and I was having MAJOR withdrawls. I am not saying it is bad for everyone, but for me, I have decided I have to take a break from reading (as soon as I am done with my two series of course :)) and monitor when I am allowed to pick up a book. Otherwise, watch out world, there is a monster brewing!

3 comments:

Lonna said...

Ahh Becky, I guess that everyone has their own little vices. I am sure that there are a lot of people that have the same little problem, they just don't want to own up to it.

Christopher J Barlow said...

I have to admit I to am addicted to books. I don't read at least 1 book a week then my stress level skyrockets. I am very grouchy and Rene' just doesn't like to be around me. So I know what you are going through becky.
Christopher J Barlow

Syl said...

that is why I learned to read so fast...so I could start and finish a book which my kids took a nap. That is also why my kids HAD to take a nap each day. I have begun to slow down when I read now because it isn't needful anymore and I miss alot of what is going on when I read too fast. I don't think it is an addiction, it is a necessity!