Friday, January 18, 2008

The Bestest Parents

This blog is a tribute to my parents. This is Ryan and I's bed. Notice the quilt.
See, my parents decided to design and make a quilt for each child when they
moved out or got married. Each quilt is well thought out, and is worked on for
hours and hours and hours and hours, days and days and days, months and
months, because they are so intricate that it is incredibly time consuming.
I have taken mine for granted and wish to no longer do so.


Here is a close up of one of the squares. Notice the pattern weaves.



Now look closely at this one. See the tiny tiny triangles of the light green
material with pink roses? You almost can't see them in the picture cause
it blends with the purple flowers. Those pieces are less than an inch wide!
I can't imagine sewing that. That is pure talent right there.

P.S. Ryan said to tell you all that he made the bed. He is the organized one, it makes me smile :)

3 comments:

Lonna said...

I love the quilt that your parents made for James. It really is one of the warmest blankets that I have ever used. And not to mention all the thinking and hard work that went into it. I like your quilt too. Better hide it so that I don't take it in those freezing temps.

Syl said...

Thanks for your tribute, Becky! I really needed a smile today and you gave it to me, the smile even went into my heart!
P.S. the bed looks great, Ryan!

Terry Neff Allen said...

I love your quilt, too. You do have wonderful parents. I like them alot and their wonderful daughter!!! Dad says that you are the only one that reads my blog and comments on it. I appreciate that. Love you,
The other mother