Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being a mom




I have a completely new respect for moms. Wow. It is hard. But despite the hard, I love much of it. I love Ellie's sweet face as she sleeps. I love her shriek when she is hungry. I love her chubby cheeks. I love how she looks when she nurses. I love watching her daddy dote on her. I don't do much besides just look at her. She is not going to be a newborn for much longer and it makes me sad. I will miss that little newborn face.
This first week has been overwhelming, but I am surrounded by great people to help. My mom came up for a week to help me which I really appreciated! She was very helpful and it was hard to have her leave. Ryan has been so wonderful too. Very helpful and loving and patient. It makes all the difference to have people around who love you.
That's all for now. I think I need a nap!

5 comments:

Syl said...

I love the pictures...thanks for posting them! You are doing a great job and napping is always a good idea!

The Boswells said...

Go Moms!!! You are going to be a great mom, the fact that the thought that you will miss the newborn phase while you IN the newborn phase tells me that. I wish I could see it...

Lonna said...

I too love those little cheeks. How darling. Wow I have to say that just reading about the newborn phase makes me tired, really tired. I want a nap too.

I am sure that your mom already told you this, but it came in handy for me after a little while of trying to still do everything I did before I had a baby, while trying to juggle a newborn and no sleep. One of our neighbors told me to sleep when the baby sleeps, at first I thought she was just a mix of crazy and lazy, I had things to do. But then after a little while the sleep deprivation crept in and I was dead all the time.

So I tried it, even if she is only sleeping for an hour, do it! Take a nap. REST WHEN YOU CAN. Besides you deserve it.

Jenny is right, you are going to be a wonderful mother. Thanks for the pictures.

The georgia peach said...

congrats she is adorable.

Lynette said...

Yaaaay Becky! I'm so excited for you! She's darling! And you are so right, the newborn phase is hard but so precious. I'm glad you're enjoying it cuz I already miss it and Haley's only 2 months old! I miss how tiny she was and all her little movements and squeeks. I love that you said you love how she looks when she nurses, cuz that's my favorite time to stare at my little one too! Congrats!