Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Segment #2

We spent the night at Nathan and Mindy's (Ryan's sister) on the way down in Mesa, Arizona. We had dinner at Gecko grill which Ryan has been ranting and raving over since I started dating him. It was pretty good and it had different things on the menu than your basic Mexican restaurant. My Chimichanga had jalapeno cream cheese sauce. We also had a shrimp mango Quesadilla. Yum!! In the picture is our niece Emma and my wonderful mother-in-law.We had a ton of fun at James and Lonna's! The kids kept us entertained with toys.

They took us to fun parks for a train ride and mini-zoo.



We also ate at some really yummy places! I got to enjoy even more jalepenos with a great jalepeno burger at Phill's, mmm. I think my favorite was the breakfast place. I had a huge chocolate chip pancake that was absolutely divine.
Thanks for the fun time James and Lonna!

3 comments:

Lonna said...

You little sneak. I didn't realize that you would be taking pictures with the adults in them. Well where is James' picture?

Whatever. But I will say that I love the pictures that you got of Harry, how fun, I think that you will have to come around more often so that you can take pictures of him standing still for me. I feel like that never happens.

Glad that you liked the train, we love the train, and that you enjoyed eating out as much as we did. Mmmm I too am still dreaming about Kirby Lane, who doesn't love pancakes for dinner, Nobody.

You know after you left our place for the Pflugerville adventures Gwen continued to ask me where Becky and Ryan were, and if they wanted to stay in her room again. So you know that you always have a place with us, if you ever want to make the trek out again. Plus we have more places that we could go eat...just think about it for awhile.

Syl said...

I love Kirby Lane pancakes! I am so glad you guys had a great time! I love and miss Texas and all those that I love that live there.

Leslie said...

Wow, I did not realize I was in view on the train! Yikes. You did get some great shots of Harry, then again every picture of Harry is great.
I am also glad to hear you made your way to the finest dining on the trip. Kirby Lane and Phil's Icehouse top my list for sure! Hands down my favorite part about vacationing is the vacation from cooking!
For the record, Gwen isn't the only one missing you guys. London woke up crying when she couldn't find you. Guess that means you have to come back soon!