Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Super Powers!!!

Do you have superpowers? Do you want superpowers?

I had to rewrite this post. I had a VERY long essay. But I don't think people are so willing to read an essay. I have re-written this to be shorter and to the point. This is a call for you try something different. We have all said "I wish...", and yet, we continue with our lives just the same. Well we have two choices. We can:

1. Not do anything and therefore stay how we are for forever.
2. Try something new (which personally makes me feel like I have superpowers of sorts).

So here is the challenge. Choose one thing, and one thing only, that you don't do but always wished you could, or have just been interested in. For one week, you are going to try it. At the end of your week, you are going to tell us what you did and what you thought (I will have a post up you can comment on). If you don't want to tell all of us, tell someone else or write it down.

Examples:
1. You have always been shy of people and don't have many friends. You always wished you weren't so scared of them! Your challenge could be : meet one person each day. At the store, park, wherever, start a conversation with one person a day.

2. You think it would be cool to learn another language but have never made the steps to do so. Your challenge : Pick a language and for 1/2-1hr each day, learn the alphabet, pronunciation, and some vocabulary.

Can you do it? Or rather, will you?

Post your challenge in the comments to help you start, unless you don't want others to know. I will post mine there to start us off. You start your challenge as soon as you make it.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I take advantage of people around me and am not aware about their needs or even their likes or dislikes as much as I want to. My week challenge is to focus on one person a day - learn about them, be aware of their challenges, what makes them them.

Lonna said...

I am actually going to start mine on Sunday if that is alright. I am going to learn how to knit. That is right you just heard me say that I am going to learn a CRAFT. So I will gather supplies and start the challenge on Sunday. Here is to trying something new, even though it is not a superpower.

David Barlow said...

I want to beat the worlds fastest eater so i'm going to practice eating hotdogs as fast as i can and time myself.
David

Leslie said...

Oh Becky, you hit the nail on the head with this one! I was just having a long conversation with my mom about optimism per a certain book she just read, then ironically thinking,
I wish I was more optimistic.
Like it was some superpower, no it is just a skill or set of skills that come more naturally to some than others. So aside from reading said book, which sounds very similar to this post, that is going to be what I'm working on!!
And I totally would have read your essay, you and I are readers and as your audience I feel gypped. :)