Saturday, August 28, 2010

What to do on a Saturday?

This is the world's ugliest toy, and also my Saturday morning project. I was making soft blocks for Ellie to play with, and got the idea to make a texture toy for her. So I grabbed whatever scraps I had, whether the colors matched or not, and made this. We have lace, elastic, zipper, silky ribbon, rough ribbon, ribbed ribbon, and more.
The big question was whether Ellie was going to like it. And she did. (Whew)

And, another mile mark made, Ellie can sit up all by herself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My marketing senses are tingling. Start making these over the next 6 years (make 5 a saturday, that'll give us a starting inventory of around 1500 units ). We'll get the raw materials from the dumpsters at Joannes and like fabric stores. We'll need a Dr.'s recommendation explaining the genius advantages of exposing your children to multiple types of texture within a given minute (Ryan should be an MD by then right?). We'll mark them up roughly 500% (since our COGS will be practically zero, advertising will be our only expense), sell them in mass quantities to preschools and nursing homes (we'll have Ryan recommend them for the elderly as well, whole new market). All we need now is a new name (World's Ugliest Toy just isn't doing it for me). How about, "Baby Newton" and we'll use the tagline "Texting for babies". It's genius. Move over Baby Einstein.

Best,

the other Ryan

Syl said...

what a great idea, Becky! I love that she can sit up! she is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

I want one.
Christopher J Barlow