Thursday, December 17, 2009

Des Moines, Iowa

Update on Ryan's medical school applications:
He has received a request for secondary applications from all of the schools he applied for. One school however, Des Moines University, sent him an e-mail stating that he was qualified enough and impressive enough to set up an interview now before they receive his secondary application! He is flying there Jan 14th. It is a pretty good D.O. school so he would be happy to go there. I didn't know anything about Des Moines so I did a bit of research. The city is about the same population as Salt Lake City, but 300,000 less in the Metro areas. It is smaller in area, about 72 sq miles, where SLC is over 100 sq miles. The school is small too: USU main campus is 500 acres. Des Moines' is 22! But I have no objections to small schools. I learned much better at Snow College because it was smaller. In fact, the smaller the better!
We are pretty excited that things are finally moving along. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Syl said...

Wahoo! Congratulations Ryan!

The Boswells said...

Yeah! Clarion was a small school also, I liked it better than USU. I think I would have loved it if I had gone married. Let us know the final word.

Lonna said...

Good work. I am excited to hear what you decide to do. You know the whole College life is a different story when you have a kid. Let the games begin.

By that I mean keeping up with school while trying to get some sleep at night. But maybe you will have a better baby than most.

Lonna said...

Also I want to know if Elizabeth is the winner for the name you have chosen or is it in the running? Have there been other names that I have missed out on. I just didn't want to be left behind if there was a list or something. Details that is all, you know I am into the details.