Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random

Does anyone else find it ironic that eyelashes get in your eyes, when they are the very things there to stop things getting in your eyes?
Is anyone excited about November 4th?
Today's post is a mixture of my thoughts this week. I don't have pictures so I have to make up something. Although, I should have had Halloween pictures but I forgot to take some. Ryan and I went to a party at an old coworkers house. Ryan was a karate guy, and I was a french runway model. You will have to use your imagination.
Church was pretty good today. I have been trying to thing about Christ more during the sacrament and today I finally did. I was thinking about the basics, what it represents and so forth, and as I was thinking about why Christ died for us (because he loves us) I also thought, he did it so we could be happy. I think too many times we are unhappy with our life or situation, but I have found you can find joy in anything and I would much rather live that way than to be miserable in my complaints. I also thought about this subject the past two weeks as I have been reading the story of Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. Man, Nephi was an amazing guy, huh? I knew it before, but I never really KNEW it. And, Laman and Lemuel make me want to scream. Can you be any dumber? I found a common theme however, with the bad people, they are the murmurers. They are the ones who even though they repent, they soon find some part of their situation to complain about, and fall away again. And the common theme with the good people, is they have really hard trials, but they are always praising God and giving thanks. When I read this story, it literally scared me out of my complaints because I finally realized exactly where they were leading me. To failure. I don't want to be a Laman and Lemuel.
Thanks for listening folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it funny becuase I have been contemplating those very things also. I'm sad to say I am more like Lam and lem everytime I am forgiven and realize what God has done for me I start complaining again and the cycle begins again. How quick I am to forget! I just read a book in the which they were talking about the day being full of Mircles and you can find them if your not picky about the size so I thought in an effort to remember HF and Jesus through the day I would try and count as many of the mircles I come along during the day as possible.

jen

Syl said...

Thank you for writing your thoughts. I have thought those same things and it continues to be a struggle to not complain, but I must say, it is getting easier all the time now and I don't complain nearly as much as I used to. I see joy and beauty and goodness everywhere and in every one.

Leslie said...

Oh you are so insightful, not to mention uplifting. I think it is our life journey to learn/apply this lesson. Thank you for the reminder, I do love your random thoughts.